Tie your hats on and get ready for fun stuff 🙂
- Chelsea Hard, our President, opened the meeting announcing that we’ve had 22 blocks for the BOEM come in. Awesome.
- This is the last day to enter any projects you intend to finish by December. #SBAMQGWIPITGOOD is the Instagram designated site and then start loading those pictures of finished WIPs up on the site.
- Our next challenge, Make it Modern, is for the PVQA quilt show next February. The challenge was posted last month and quilts must be completed by the December for entry into the show.
- MQG Member Benefit for the month: Be sure to take advantage of all the discounts on entertainment and travel – including movies.
- Sew Day in August – 8.19, 9:30-4:30 – Aptos Foundation
The Tara Faughnan all day class is full – although there’s always room on the waiting list. And there are spaces available in the half-day class.
Charity Quilt for QuiltCon: Gabrielle and Mickey presented the colors and blocks we’re hoping everyone will create. There are three sizes – your choice: blocks equaling 3 1/2 inches, 6 1/2 inches and 12 1/2 inches. Please do not trim your blocks. We’ll leave that to the committee.
Use two colors only for each block.
Pam Rocco presented our next Block of Every Other Month. We had a fat quarter swap of all the colors. Use solids for strip. Change 11″ to 14″.
Tonight was the date to turn in the Picture Frame blocks. 22 blocks came in.
The winner of all of the blocks – da-da – Karen Foster. Congrats.
Sew N Tell:
This concludes our July meeting.