Our newest block of the month is the Wonky Quarter Log Cabin Block, brought to us by Anna and Kathryn!
How to get started:
- Use the instructions linked here to make your block. While Quilt Dad makes his blocks BIG, we would like your finished block squared up to 8 1/2 inches!
- Our color palette for this month is inspired by Degas’ Dancers at the Barre painting.
- Use Kona Charcoal for your center square (provided at the meeting).
- Use solids or prints from the color palette below for your strips or logs. Any brand is fine.
- Complete as many blocks as you’d like. Each block is an entry into the drawing for the block lotto.
- Bring your finished block(s) to the July meeting for a chance to win them all during the block lotto!
Fun Tips from Anna & Kathryn:
- Make it wonky!
- Make some rows fat and some rows skinny!
- Add a fun slice/insert to some of your logs!
- Start on the right side of your center block and then do the top!
- Make it wonky some more!