Apologies for the late posting! We did cover a lot of ground at our last meeting, and so here are the highlights!
Jo’s quilt, adapted from the Modern Mystery Quilt. This was a pattern from Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr of the Modern Quilt Studio. Fabulous!
We were so honored to have Susan Osorio, director of Jacob’s Heart visit and present to us a certificate of appreciation for our Pay it Forward efforts benefiting 31 young people who are battling cancer in our community.
Before the meeting got underway, Isabel Michalik (age 6) and daughter of Tina showed us all what a little determination can do and held up the quilt she designed and made for her dad. It took about a year from beginning to end, with feverish quilting as father’s day approached. She was very nervous to talk in front of a group, but she made it through just fine 🙂
Julia, our guild secretary is moving on to go do exciting things in Los Angeles and will be attending design school to learn surface and fabric design! Way to go Julia! Meanwhile, Emily Sardo will be our interim secreatry until we hold elections for new officers in December. Emily hails from southern California, and was an original member of the LAMQG. Welcome Emily!
- PIF donation quilts for the Community Bridges are due at the August meeting.
- Welcome new members, Kelly and Barbara!
- Friday Sew Day dates in Aptos at the community center are July 26, Aug 23 – final dates for 2013
- Intrepid Thread in Milpitas hosts an open sew on the third Friday of the month. Tina, Karen and Anne recently went and it was good fun. (Thanks Julie!)
- 2nd Annual Quilt Show of the SBAMQG will be held at Sue Dee’s in September. Please consider entering a piece for the show! Small items are welcome. Items to be in the show should be turned in by the last week of August.
- Fall Retreat committee is still open for volunteers and we plan to meet soon!