Tuesday, March 7, 2017
President Chelsea announced discounted items for the evening. Thank you, Hart’s.
- 30% on Aurifil thread, 20% on wide back fabric, 15% on fabrics by Anna Maria Horner, Amy Butler
Meeting date will be changed to the 3rd Tuesday of the month starting in May.
The “Question of the Day” was Name your favorite experience from QuiltCon or PVQA quilt shows. The general theme from all of the answers is that quilt shows let us know what a great community we are involved in, and they are incredibly inspirational.
- Renee and Laura received ribbons in the PVQA show this year.
- Mickey has two quilts being shown in International Quilt Fest in Chicago, and then on to Houston
- Karen’s Bee Social group placed first in their group at QuiltCon in Savannah. The QDAD group received lots of attention. Not to mention that three of her own quilts were in the show.
Gabrielle announced that SBAMQG has a presence on Instagram at #SBAMQG
Workshops coming up:
- Sujata Shah 4.02.17 9:30 – 4:30 Participation will be opened up to other local guilds
- Tara Faughnan 11.11.17 and 11.12.17.
Annual retreat will be held 10.19.17 through 10.22.17
- $50 deposit will be accepted now
- Sign up through email
- Volunteers needed
- Swag Bags and Gifts for attendees
- Procuring raffle prizes
- Set up and Clean up
Hart’s is looking for a teacher to present a paper piecing class. Anybody interested?
MQG member benefits:
- There are many benefits of membership offered through the web site – Community Site
- “Fresh Quilting” is a new quilting show offered. Premiered at QuiltCon
- Tonight the comma blocks were all due. Laura Ryle won the drawing.
- Pam announced the next BoM. “h” blocks. The pattern was published in “Quilter’s Newsletter” magazine. Completed blocks due at the May meeting. Use solids or polka dots. Blue background fabric is available.
Wow, busy meeting. 🙂
|One of Pam’s many creations|
|Tammy works her magic|
A huge thank-you from the SBAMQG goes out to Hart’s Fabrics for their generosity in hosting our guild again this year. We love you to pieces!
(photo credit Karen Foster)