The September meeting celebrated the 6th year of the South Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild! Here are many of our now 66 members taking a photo to commemorate all the fun and great quilts that have been and will be!
In other news:
- Board Member Announcements: Our Co-VPs, Carolyn & Barbara will be retiring from their posts at the end of the calendar year so we are seeking volunteers for next year (not to give away the ending, but we had 5 volunteers already!).
- Sew Day Reminder: We will be hosting a Sew Day on Saturday, September 16th at the Community Foundation Center in Aptos. Check out the Events Page for all the details!
- Flea Market & Scrap Swap: Our annual scrap swap will take place at the October 3rd guild meeting in addition to a Flea Market where guild members can sign-up to sell some of their higher ticket items (think spare sewing machines, precuts, etc). Members can sign up for for the Flea Market by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Workshop Opportunities: A few workshop and retreat oppertunities with other guilds are now available to SBAMQG members:
- Road 2 California: If you are planning to attend Road 2 California Quilt Show in Ontario, CA please email us at sbamqg@gmail to be entered to win two free tickets!
- Quilter’s Planner: Guild members have an opportunity to get a Quilter’s Planner or Quilter’s Planner Combo at a 40% discount. Sign-ups were taken at the September Meeting & will also be taken at the October Meeting along with payments. Check it out here if you want to take advantage of this offer!
- Block of the Every Other Month: Pam Rocco presented the next Block of the Every Other Month, the Lopsided Four Patch Block. Directions for how to construct this block can be found here. Darlene took home the Scrap Block Lotto win (for a second time I might mention!).
- Cow Bell: President Chelsea broke the cow bell. This is very important and must be noted.
- Sew & Tell: As usual, Sew & Tell was a hit! Check out all these beauties including a quilt that lights up!