Our newest block of the month is Water Slide, designed by our very own Pam Rocco!
How to get started:
- Access the Water Slide Templates and basic instructions written by Pam Rocco. Print the templates for use while making your block. Make sure your printer is set to print with no scaling, or 100% scale to ensure the templates are the correct size.
- Use the photos and basic instructions below to complete your block.
- Our color palette for this month is Arctic Winter. Use solids or prints from the color palette below.
- Complete as many blocks as you’d like. Each block is an entry into the drawing for the block lotto.
- Bring your finished block(s) to the January meeting for a chance to win them all during the Block Lotto!
We can’t wait to see what you make and what unique layout the winner will choose!
Water Slide Block Tutorial
- Using the templates linked above, cut your fabrics for one or more blocks. Be sure to add 1/4″ seam allowance on all sides when cutting your fabrics.
2. Place piece A and B right sides together and sew along the curve using a 1/4″ seam allowance.
3. Press seam to either side. Congratulations! You’ve completed one block. Please do not sew blocks together as illustrated on the templates page.
We look forward to seeing your blocks!
Water slide caught my eye. It is similar to a block called eliptical drunkards path. Check out this link for more info ===> https://moquilt.blogspot.com/search/label/Elliptical%20Drunkard%27s%20Path.
I am most definitely going to try this. It is awesome!