January challenge Presented by Laura Ryle.
Due March 2023
- The 2023 Pantone color of the year is Viva Magenta. Pantone says: This year’s color is powerful and empowering.
- It is a new animated red that revels in pure joy, encouraging experimentation and self expression without restraint, an electrifying, and a boundary-less shade that is manifesting as a stand out statement.
- Pantone Viva Magenta welcomes anyone and everyone with the same verve for life and rebellious spirit. It is a color that is audacious, full of wit and inclusive of all.
The challenge rules:
- You must use magenta. You can use any other colors in the quilt. Fabrics that are similar to Viva Magenta include Paintbrush Studio Sangria, Free Spirit Solids True Red, paintbrush Studio Cherry Blossom, Michael Miller fuchsia, Kona K001-481 Sangria (see The (not so) Dramatic Life.com)
- The number 23 should be represented in the quilt in some way. For example, you could use 23 pieces, 23 pieces of a certain shape, 23 magenta pieces, etc.