June 2017 Guild Meeting
We were welcomed to our June meeting by our President, Chelsea Hard, in our new digs, Mid County Senior Center in Capitola.
Items of business:
- Name tags: If you need one, note it on the attendance sheet.
- QuiltCon registration begins 6.26. Check the MQG site. Which leads into the MQG benefit of the month: a four-day pass to QuiltCon is included in your membership to MQG. Be sure to register for this pass even if not registering for a class or lecture.
- SBAMQG Retreat balance is due by 8.15.
- Be sure not to miss the exhibit at the quilt museum in San Jose. As mentioned before, it includes art from a couple of our members. There is a meet-and-greet planned for this Sunday to meet the quilters.
- Our Block of Every Other Month will be due in July – Picture Frames
- Block of Every Other Month for September will be the colors of red violet, yellow, blue violet. We will have a fat quarter swap at our next meeting – bring a solid or print in the above colors
- Our Challenge for the PVQA Quilt Show in February will be to take one of the following traditional blocks and re-create it using modern quilting elements. Finished quilts can be any size. Blocks will be flying geese, churn dash, morning star and pineapple. Quilts must be finished by December meeting with a 4″ hanger attached to the back. Jeannie Land volunteered to work with PVQA regarding hanging our section
- WIPs: each member can add 3 more to reach a total of 9. Be sure to finish by December meeting to be entered to win the fabulous prize. Members who have joined this year are encouraged to enter 3. Adding entries will be open until the July meeting. Then get cracking and finish those projects.
- Tara Faughnan workshops scheduled for November 11 and November 12. Sign-ups opened tonight. Classes are filling fast.
- Gabrielle presented a demo on English Paper Piecing. Much enthusiasm for this technique. Chelsea and Gabrielle will post info re: suppliers of materials and other pertinent info on our blog site.
- Door prizes were won by Lori Green, Jeannie Land,m Tina Michalik and Pam Rocco. Congratulations.
Show & Tell:
Pam Rocco – Cheap Thrills Class – great projects. Great Class
Pam’s Picture Frames
Tami’s Special Gift for her Husband
june79 (1) june79 (2)
Lori and her Betsy Bag – done – and preview of Tara Faughnan class
Katherin Katherin MickeyAnnaAnd Gene