Our holiday party meeting was called to order by President Chelsea Hard.
The winner of two tickets to Road To California was Mickey Beebe.
Entries for Make It Modern, a SBAMQG showing in the PVQA annual quilt show are due. The last date to enter quilt show is first week in January 2018. Let us know if you have an entry completed, or are intending to finish in time. This is a great opportunity to showcase our talented members and an honor to be included in PVQA’s show.
New officers for the Board of Directors for 2018 were elected. Congratulations to all the new Board members, and one returning. A great year will be in store.
- President – Chelsea Hard
- Vice-President – Darlene Talukedek
- Secretary – Tina Michalek
- Treasurer – Mo Goltz
As a send off for Tami Levin who is moving out of the area, we presented her with a boatload of Polaroid blocks of all her favorite things, and a bag created by Anna B to carry the pieces in. Tami, you will be missed and we all wish you the best.
A notion exchange was had where notions were chosen, swapped, stolen. A great time was had by everyone checking out their new treasures.
Our pot luck holiday party was enjoyed and thanks to all the contributors. Fabulous array of great treats.
Sew N Tell:
Happy Holidays to Everyone. See you in 2018.
At the November meeting we covered the following topics:
- Board Nominations: The following guild members were nominated for 2018 Board positions (the election will be a real nail biter):
- President: Chelsea Hard
- Vice President: Darlene Talukder
- Treasurer: Mo Goltz
- Secretary: Tina Michalik
- Committee Chairs: The following guild members have volunteered to take on the role of chair person for the following guild projects:
- Photography & Social Media: Mo Goltz
- Block of the Every Other Month: Isabelle Selak
- Block of the Every Other Month: Pam is retiring from her spot as the chair for the BOTEOM & Mo finally won the Block Raffle after making the most blocks (by our guesstimate) of any guild member! A new block will be presented at the January Meeting!
- Pay by November Raffle: Mo & Judy were the big winners of the Pay by November dues raffle! Dues for 2018 are officially due by December 15th!
- Challenges: Both the #SBAMQGWIPITGOOD & Make it Modern Challenges are due at the December meeting. Check out the original blog post for details! You won’t want to miss a chance to win Jacquie Gerring handmade prize!
- Batting Discussion: Emily brought up an important quilt making topic, the fact that there is limited information on batting warmth! Chelsea will contact a handful of popular batting companies and see if she can get the tog rating (thanks Heidi for the official term) so we can know how warm our quilts will be before we baste them up!
- Future Demo Discussion: There was also a discussion on future demos members wanted to see including: perfect binding corners, facings, zippers, applique and freezer paper piecing techniques!
- December Meeting Need to Knows: For the December meeting, snacks will be potluck style (bring a snack you’d like to share or just come hungry) & bring a notion (new or lightly used) for our annual gift swap (gift wrapped please)!
- Sew & Tell: As usual, Sew & Tell was a hit! Check out all these beauties including a quilt that lights up!
The SBAMQG 6th Annual Retreat has come and gone, but out what a fun time we had! The weekend, October 19-22, was chilly but we stayed warm under our in-progress creations as we sewed feverishly into the night (and early, early morning). This was our biggest retreat every, with 23 attendees sewing up a storm!
The retreat wouldn’t have been possible without our gracious sponsors who helped up fill our amazing retreat buckets stitched up by our retreat committee!
While our group missed almost every hike (we had important things to stitch up don’t yah know?) we did get pretty active when it came to play games (with prizes!).
We had an amazing amount a projects in the works during the retreat:
And even more finishes:
Overall it was an amazingly good time and we can’t wait until next year!
In Chelsea’s absence, Gabrielle opened the meeting at 7:15.
The preceding flea market was a huge success. Thanks to everyone for participating.
Gabrielle spoke about the planners and availability. Let her know ASAP if you’d like to order one or more.
Barbara announced that member buttons and membership cards are on front table.
Elections for Board Members for the 2018 year are coming up. All positions are open for nominations.
Isabel shared the charity quilt for QuiltCon. Great job by committee.
Pam shared the Quilting & Textiles Museum has a 40th anniversary exhibit. Our member Ruby has a quilt in the show. Congrats to Ruby.
Sew & Tell :